- Be sure to keep track of ALL your medical expenses. All office visits, prescriptions, lab services, medications, therapy, hospital visits and treatments, medical receipts, documents and x-rays. Keep a log of your dates of visits, reason for seeing the medical provider, and the amount charged.
- Keep track of lost work time. Keep a log of time taken off from work because of the accident, or treatment, or inability to perform your work duties as a result of your injuries. Also have a letter from your employer confirming lost time and/or pay.
- Similarly, keep track of lost school time or the inability to carry out assignments because of the accident.
- Take photographs of your injuries on a regular basis, and note the date on each photo.
- Make sure you have written statements from witnesses as soon as possible.